Happy New Year: Greetings & Wishes In Mandarin Chinese
Unsplash: Benson Low
Oh boy! Isn’t the New Year celebration always something crazy, loud, banging, and a memorable one? Think about it. On this special day each year, there is always something happening. Something new! This is kind of funny because the new year does actually call for something new… the name itself has the word new in it, duh.
Now, despite all the new stuff, there is something circling around that isn’t really a new thing. Ha, you could even say that this thing is quite old and definitely not a novel idea. What I am talking about is the well wishes and messages for the new year. These sweet sentences are shared by people to those around them (and sometimes to their beloved pet families) as a way of inviting luck and prosperity and love and happiness. And these sayings are available in many different languages, not just English. In fact, there are plenty of these good karmic messages in Chinese that are more than happy to invite all the good vibes in the world.
- Happy New Year: 新年好 (xīn nián hǎo)
- New year greetings and best wishes: 致新年贺忱与最美好的祝福 (zhì xīnnián hè chén yǔ zuì měihǎo de zhùfú)
- A happy new year to you: 恭贺新年 (gōnghè xīnnián)
- Peace all year round: 岁岁平安 (suì suì píng’ān)
- Good luck in the year ahead: 恭贺新禧 (gōng hè xīn xǐ)
- May you have the best new year ever: 愿你度过最美好的新年 (yuàn nǐ dùguò zuì měihǎo de xīnnián)
- May all your wishes come true: 心想事成 (xīn xiǎng shì chéng)
- Wishing you every success: 马到成功 (mǎdàochénggōng)
- May the coming new year bring you joy, love, and peace: 愿新年为你带来快乐，友爱和宁静 (yuàn xīnnián wèi nǐ dàilái kuàilè, yǒu’ài hé níngjìng)
- Thinking of you at New Year’s time: 佳节，我想念你们 (jiājié, wǒ xiǎngniàn nǐmen.)
- Wish you happiness and prosperity in the coming year: 祝你新的一年快乐幸福 (zhù nǐ xīn de yī nián kuàilè xìngfú)
- Wishing you good luck and great success in the coming New Year: 祝来年好运，并取得更大的成就 (zhù láinián hǎoyùn, bìng qǔdé gèng dà de chéngjiù)