How To Say “Thank You” In Norwegian
08 February 2023
By Sarah Angela Almaden
Unsplash: Gus Raballo
Studies suggest that saying “thank you” and expressing gratitude are beneficial to your overall well-being and happiness. So that means whenever you can, try to say “thank you” to the people around you, because a simple “thank you” makes the world a better place.
In Norwegian, the polite phrase “Takk” or “Thank you” in English is one of the most important expressions to learn. Sure, it is a one-syllable expression but Norwegians say this all the time. They say it in the morning, afternoon, and evening. They say it when meeting someone. They say it when buying something. They say it after ordering at a restaurant. Perhaps, you can even learn how to say “thank you” in many different ways like the Norwegians.
- Takk: Thank you.
- Takk skal du ha: I thank you.
- Mange takk: Many thanks.
- Tusen takk: A thousand thanks.
- Takk for dine gode ord: Thank you for your kind words.
- Takk så mye: Thank you very much.
- Takk for gaven: Thank you for the gift.
- Takk for sist: Thanks for the last time.
- Takk for no: Thanks for now.
- Takk for innsatsen: Thanks for your effort.
- Takk for maten: Thank you for the food.
- Takk for invitasjonen: Thanks for the invitation.
- Hjertelig takk: Heartfelt thanks.
- Tusen hjertelig takk: Thank you (from the bottom of my heart).